Skip to main content

The Wildest Kind of Pretty

Book Information
Author: R.J Abell
Genre:Young Adult/Romance
Released: September 13, 2016
Rating: 1 Star 





This story is not for me and since I am a dedicated reader, i will elaborate on why this book was not for me. First off, the main character, Lexi, was not a good heroine. I know that she is only 15, but sheesh, she was really shallow. This is the summary of the book in two sentences.......This story is about a girl who has low self-esteem, so she pushes the guy that she likes on her best friend,Kammie, because she thinks that her best friend is prettier than her and believes that Kammie and this guy is a perfect match. Eventhough she knows that Kammie has a crush on her cousin, she insist on trying to play matchmaker and once they start to date, or so they call it, she becomes jealous and makes out with said guy. That is the summary of this book in nutshell.You see, Lexi is a freshman in high school and she is introduced to the awesome, attractive senior named Blake, which is her cousin's best friend. After her cousin embarrasses her in front of Blake, she runs to the bathroom to shed a couple of tears and comes back to discover that Blake invited Kammie to come to Trevor's party, which is also Lexi's house. She takes the lack of an invite as an indication that she is ugly and he has a thing for Kammie. So fast forward to the party, alcohol was consumed and lips were kissed and it made for one hell of a night for this FIFTEEN YEAR OLD.

Now i do enjoy a book in the YA genre, but this book was too immature for me. Maybe if the main character was around 17 or 18 years of age, was likable, and was even remotely close to being a good friend, I may have enjoyed this book. The pace was really slow and there were a couple of grammatical errors like using "waste" for "waist" and the dialogue needed major work. The book had no point besides a teenage girl liking a couple of boys and that is hugely supported by the ending of this book. She asks herself questions and it is obvious to the reader what the answer is, but she does the opposite and she was a really bad friend as well. Poor Kammie had no one else and I felt sorry for her.  This book needs to go back to the editor and the author needs to find a storyline because this book is in freefall.

I am going to quote the text to display the type of writing that takes place in this book. This is when Lexi and Blake have a intimate moment and Lexi finds out that Blake is dating, or so they call it, her best friend Kammie. 
"I saw his ugly and I wanted his raw. I knew he was no good for me, but I wanted him anyways. I felt it. I could see in his eyes the way he craved my innocence; his raw called to my sweetness." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… šŸ˜»I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!