At first I was not a big fan of historical romance, but I read the synopsis and decided to give it a chance. This book tells the story of a single woman who is left with an infant by her roommate and as the war comes to an end, the infant’s father comes to claim his child. The father has no idea about how to care for a toddler and asks for Gwen’s help. The chemistry between these two starts to spark and the book takes you on an amazing journey through history. I am so glad that I took the time to read this book and I would encourage you to do so. This book is written by author Ann Howard Creel and it takes place during the World War II. Now before you decide that you don’t want another history lesson, I want you to read on. This book grasped me from the beginning and I was surprised at the glorious detail that this author allowed, me as a reader, to take a look inside that famous photo. The character development was wonderful and I really felt for John and Gwen throughout this book and I understood the decisions that they made. This book was written so beautifully that it brought me to tears. I have read a couple of historical romance but absolutely loved this story and its characters. I recommend that you give this book a chance.
Author: Caitlyn Crews Date Released : October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett. Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with. You lovers do know how that always ends right? It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it. As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father. Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow. Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner. A marriage without love makes sense right?...

Comments
Post a Comment