Skip to main content

The First Kiss of Spring by Emily March



Author:  Emily March
Release Date:  February 27,2018
Rating: 4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐






Josh and Caitlyn 's relationship started off hot and it most definitely stayed steamy. This story is typically about friends with benefits and then someone falls in love. Can you guess who fell first.?

Springtime is a time for new beginnings and Eternity Springs is the place where Josh is looking for a fresh start.  The First Kiss of Spring is a small town love story about love, forgiveness, and courage.  We have Caitlyn a small town girl turned city girl who comes to visit a small town in Colorado when she meets this smoldering hot man named Josh and his adorable crippled dog.  Their first meeting finds them trapped on a  gondola, in midair of course, and they hit it off in a major way.  Caitlyn invites Josh as her plus one to her college friend's wedding and the story takes off.  Caitlyn thinks Josh is the one, but Josh feels differently.  Caitlyn is on a mission to prove to Josh that love exists and he should believe in it. With a tight knit community to throw is some gossip, an overprotective father, and a troubled past, Josh and Caitlyn crawl through the muck to come up unscathed on the other side.

Josh was sweet and he had that super hero complex to him with a dash of broodiness, if that's a word. Josh has this weird thing about fate having it out for him and that is why he refuses to get involved in a committed relationship. I really felt for Josh, his past, and his relationship with his mother.  I like Joshua because his character had depth and his journal entries really gave me a peep into his previous life. Caitlyn on the other hand was very straightforward with what she wanted. She already foresaw that Josh was the one and she took whatever little that he gave her. Caitlyn was strong, determined, and sometimes a pushover with her family.  I was so glad when she finally stood up to her family, especially her dad. The pacing was great, the writing was on point, and the chemistry between the characters was ever so present.

While I did enjoy this book very much,  there were some things that grinded my gears though. First off, this book was crowded with characters. I'm guessing that this book is part of a series.  I  did not read the other books, so I was a little lost with the side characters and there were a lot of characters. Second, it lacked details. The author told me  instead of showing me . Nothing annoys me more than the author telling me instead of showing. I am very visual type of reader and i need visuals.  This style of writing is new to me so I am a little bias.  I do not like the fact that she just says they kissed or made love.  I needed a build-up and some of the scenes are not even written out, it's just "a" did this and "b" discussed this.  This type of writing takes me out of the story.


Nevertheless, The first kiss of spring is a joy to read on a lazy afternoon, with a nice dose of heat to keep you entertained. I definitely recommend this story.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

It's all about that Cowboy by Carly Bloom

Author Carly Bloom Release Date  January 14, 2020 Wow!. This was a really quick read for me and I was really surprised.  I was not expecting for the story to end so abruptly and I am unsure if that was the author's intention.  The story was surprisingly witty and it gave me a couple of chuckles. This story follows Jessica and  Casey in the small town of Big Verde and they were small tow, high school sweethearts.  Jessica is back in town for a funeral and she was hoping to go in and out of this small town without bumping into Casey, the town sheriff.  Will they find the flame where their loved burned again? Jessica was forced to leave her beloved town with a major secret that will surely rock Big Verde to its core.  After graduation, Jessica and Casey promised each other the future and all the love that came with it, but after an unexpected pregnancy in the family forces Jessica's family to skip town overnight.  Fast forward twelve years later, Jessica is a successful restaurant