Skip to main content

The Cowboy's Nanny by Emerson Rose

Author: Emerson Rose
Release Date: July 10, 2017
Rating: 3.5 ⭐⭐⭐1∕2










First off, he is not a cowboy. He is a billionaire rancher and this really took me away from the story.  That was the first strike.  I will give you the rest of the strikes later, so with that being said, let's jump into this "cowboy" story.  We have a billionaire rancher, Ash, whom is attending a conference with his yelling son in tow when he meets Stella, a rancher attending the conference in the absence of her father. Cannon, Ash's son, takes a liking to Stella and so does Ash.  While pursuing a sexual relationship for a week, Ash convinces Stella to spend another week with him and Cannon in his home. This ultimately works and Stella decides that she should go to get to know them better.

This  is what I call a "countdown love story".  This is when the two lead characters spend a certain amount of time together with the impending doom of a deadline.  I liked Ash with his potty mouth and his take charge attitude.  I love a man who knows how to talk dirty.  Stella, on the other hand, was okay and she had no back bone to stand up to her family or Ash.  One minute she is like, "oh, I can't sleep with him when I just met him" but the next minute,(slight spoiler) she jumps his bones to sleep with him.  She pretty much does whatever he says with no argument.  They had chemistry and I loved little, adorable Cannon.  He added a nice little touch of sweetness and adorableness to the story.


They had a lot of sex.  I will say that.  The second strike was the skipping of scenes.  The author just brushed over some important things and it took away the intensity.  The third strike was how unrealistic this kid was and the situation itself.  She says one sentence to Cannon and all of a sudden, he is this angel child.  Keep in mind that this kid is 4 years old.  I have a 4 year old right now and let me tell you, this kids acts like a 10 year old.  This book was okay and the twist at the end was a nice touch and I did not see it coming.  The book served its purpose, but I was really looking for a cowboy though.  What can I say, I love cowboys.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

It's all about that Cowboy by Carly Bloom

Author Carly Bloom Release Date  January 14, 2020 Wow!. This was a really quick read for me and I was really surprised.  I was not expecting for the story to end so abruptly and I am unsure if that was the author's intention.  The story was surprisingly witty and it gave me a couple of chuckles. This story follows Jessica and  Casey in the small town of Big Verde and they were small tow, high school sweethearts.  Jessica is back in town for a funeral and she was hoping to go in and out of this small town without bumping into Casey, the town sheriff.  Will they find the flame where their loved burned again? Jessica was forced to leave her beloved town with a major secret that will surely rock Big Verde to its core.  After graduation, Jessica and Casey promised each other the future and all the love that came with it, but after an unexpected pregnancy in the family forces Jessica's family to skip town overnight.  Fast forward twelve years later, Jessica is a successful restaurant