Skip to main content

Second Chance Cowboy by A.J. Pine

Author:  A.J. Pine
Date released:  February 27, 2018
Rating:  5 Cowboy Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐🤠







I just love it when a books gives me chills because of the intensity and realness of the book.  This is it you guys.!  My first 5 Star read of 2018 and I am proud to say that this year is starting off great for cowboys.  From the very first page, I knew that I was gonna love this book and its characters.  This story is about love, second chances, and family which really touched me in a wonderful way.  The intensity of their relationship was so powerful and realistic that it made me tingle. 


We have Ava and Jack, high school sweethearts who had the sweetest love ever at the tender age of 18.  Ava makes a huge mistake by sending Jack away and unbeknownst to Jack, she is pregnant. Fast forward 10 years, Jack comes back to town to attend his father's funeral and is surprised to learn that he has inherited a ranch and a vineyard along with his 2 brothers. Looking to sell the vineyard, he enlists the help of Ava, the girl who crushed his heart and renowned grape expert. Ava holds a big secret and when Jack finds out, it's pure gold. Throw in an adorable 10 year old,  a grumpy brother, and a sarcastic brother, you have yourself an emotional, grounded, and entertaining romance .

As far as negatives goes....there wasn't any for me. I loved Jack, the cowboy-at-heart lawyer who did not forget how to get his hands dirty. I adored Ava, a single mom, who was passionate for grapes as much as she was passionate about her son.  Their relationship was realistic, passionate, and grounded and I completely felt their chemistry straight to my core.  There is a scene at the 89% that will absolutely pull at your heart strings. Seriously, Owen is a great kid and a wonderful addition to this story.



Well, you guessed it.   I absolutely loved this book and I loved Ava and Jack together.  The brothers added a nice family dynamic to this along with sweet, little Owen.   It was so grounded, raw, and heartfelt. Go pick this up pronto!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!