Skip to main content

Misadventures of a Good Wife by Meredith Wild & Helen Hardt

Authors:  Meredith Wild & Helen Hardt
Release Date: October 17, 2017
Rating:  4 Stars ⭐⭐⭐⭐







This is the second installment in the misadventures series and it does live up to its erotica reputation.  But the question is, unlike the first book, does it have a plot and more to offer than sex?  To answer this question, yes it does and it has a little dash of suspense to drive the plot.   This book has no connection to book one, so you can read it without reading book one first.  Believe me, book two is much better.  In this installment, we have husband and wife named Price and Kate, respectively, and we have a lot of steam and a little suspense with Price.  Price was believed to be dead for a year following a plane crash, but it is later revealed that he was alive and well.  In comes Kate, a journalist who went into a deep depression because of Price's supposed "death".  Price's sister decide to lift Kate from her funk and takes her on a tropical vacation for 3 weeks and little does Kate know, her world is about to be changed forever.

I am going to try to not reveal any spoilers, but the blurb pretty much tells you the burning question.  Once it is revealed that Price is alive, things start to take an interesting turn.  Kate is faced with the decision to stay with Price or give up her entire life in New York.  There is one thing that this book does not lack and that is "SEX".  There is lots of it, my dear.  Anyways, I did enjoy myself while reading and the plot was interesting and so was the characters. 

Of course when there is good, there is also bad.  This book had the same problem as book one.  It had too much sex, if that is even possible.  This book had an interesting plot and great characters, but every time the plot would progress, sex would be thrown in it to slow it down.  The third part of the book is when the mystery start to unfold and there was a little intensity, but the ending was very underwhelming and rushed.  I felt like it was a cliffhanger, but in reality it was not supposed to be a cliffhanger.  The book ended so fast that my head starting to spin.  I needed a more thought out ending. Overall, I enjoyed the story and its character and it was better than book one.  Besides the ending and epilogue, the book was a solid 4 star with lots of sex.  OH Yeah!!😍😍💑




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!