Skip to main content

Cowboy Like You by Donna Grant

Author:  Donna Grant
Release Date:  November 26, 2019







Another cowboy Sheriff?  Count me in!!  This is my first story by Donna Grant and I'm glad that I took a chance on this artist.  A Sheriff cowboy is slowly, but surely, is becoming my favorite hero. I also learned that this is part of a series and I have to admit that I have not read the other installments in the series. Luckily for me, this can be read alone and the side characters added to the story.

In this story we have Danny Oldham, the cowboy sheriff that I mention earlier, and he is at the right place at the right time when he crosses paths with his high school crush, Skylar.  Skylar is  on the run from an abusive, psychotic ex who will stop at nothing to make Skylar his again.  Right before this crazy ex gets Skylar in his grip, Danny comes to the rescue and ensures that Skylar is safe from harm.  This is a story of having a second chance at love even in the midst of chaos.

I genuinely enjoyed this story and Danny and Skylar had great chemistry.  I was kept on the edge of my toes with the action and also kept in my feelings with the sweetness of their relationship.  Danny was one of the sweetest heroes that I have ever read.  He was the sheriff of the town and he did so much to ensure that Skylar was safe. Not to mention that Danny had such good friends who would bend their backs for him.  Skylar has returned home after trying to escape the clutches of an abusive ex from Houston, Texas. While Danny was kind and resourceful, Skylar was a damsel in distress who made such stupid decisions to me.  The author really doesn't really go into their back stories.  In spite of this, I enjoyed the story and I really enjoyed the development of their relationship.


I really don't have much negative things to say about this story besides the actions of Skylar at some points during the story.  Although I enjoyed their romance, their wasn't anything unique or awesome about it and it didn't give me that ooey gooey feeling that I yearn for in romance story and that is why I have to give it a 4 Star rating. This story is highly recommended though with tea and a blanket.


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!