Skip to main content

That Second Chance by Meghan Quinn

Author:  Meghan Quinn
Release Date:  May 7, 2019












My emotions are in complete disarray right now because I have just read one of the most wonderful, intense small town love story ever. This book was amazing and it gave me zings up my spine.  I am a true romance reader fanatic and when I read a book that toys with my emotions and pulls under that means that it is GOOOOOD!  I have no complaints about this book and come on, they have hot sex on a beach!! It doesn't getter hotter than that.!  I loved the characters and I loved the setting of the story and the small town seemed so real.  I also loved Griffin and Ren together and their chemistry was off the charts.  For Pete's sake, the prologue pulled me in and it involved a palm reader from New Orleans.  The one thing that carried this story was the family dynamic and I absolutely loved the relationship that Griffin had with his brothers.  This is going to be a short review because this book was Perfect.!!! :)


Griffin and his three brother were drunk and had a crazy run in with a palm reader in New Orleans and was supposedly "cursed".  Griffin, a volunteer firefighter and an all-around great guy, truly believed this curse because 5 days after coming from the trip, his tragically passes away.  Honestly while reading this book, I was beginning to believe in the curse because this event was a huge coincidence. Griffin has given up on love until Ren comes rolling into town and he ends up rescuing her from a tree.  Griffin and his brothers are off limits in town because of the "curse", but Ren is here to debunk this myth.  The development of relationship from the ground up is what made the love story so enticing and effective. So when the shoe fell in their relationship, I was there for it and the writing was so good that I felt like I was in the room when their relationship took a major hit.


The writing was great and the pace was on point. This is the way to write a romance book and I am pretty sure that the author is weaving poetry throughout this book. It was pure romance bliss and I am so glad that I gave this book a chance.  Man oh man, this book was awesome and I am moving on to the next book tonight and I don’t care that it is 1 am.!! I have to summon my reader's superpowers and dive in with no regrets. Go pick this book up!!




Rating:  🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!