Skip to main content

Barefoot Beach by Debbie Mason

Author: Debbie Mason
Release Date:  June 4, 2019






This book barely takes place on a beach and Barefoot is not mentioned once.  Why title a book "Barefoot Beach" when it doesn't actually takes place on a beach, but in a manor.? Weird… anyways, this is the second book in the Harmony Harbor series that I have read and I have to say that I liked the other one much better. This book is titled Barefoot Beach involves Marco who is a very  hot firefighter and  Theia, a retired navy flight fighter. With the town's matchmaker on the prowl, Marcos decides to ask Theia if she can be his fake girlfriend and I'm sure you can imagine how this plays out.  Will Theia stay in Harmony Harbor for love or will her secrets keep her from finding love?  Let's find out.


I was really entertained by the premise of the story, but I did not care much for the romance
aspect of the story. You see, there is this weird thing with family marrying each other. Not like sister and brother, but more like cousin in laws and this was very off putting to me. This town made it seem like there were only two families that you could marry and it was very weird and I can't really go deep into it without spoiling it, but these two families marry each other and it really should cause some type of gene mutation. I mean not really, but everything is kept in the family for sure. On the other hand, this story has suspense, intensity and, to be completely honest, was the saving grace of the story.  As I mentioned before, the romance was meh and their chemistry was not there. I feel as if the author was so busy trying to set up the suspense and mystery of the story that the romance was kind of an afterthought.  The heat was missing and I had no idea that they had sex until I was told by the author that they spent "a long and magical night together".  Say what?  I need some heat to keep me in the story and the author failed terribly.

The strange thing about this story is the fact that a ghost is giving all of details of the story and reveals the big secret. I really would have liked for the scenes to play out, but they were told to me instead of showed and that happens a lot in this story.  This story is filled with twist and turns in which I love, but there is one scene in question that I loathe.  Don't worry it's not a spoiler, but Marco receives a phone call about a major plot point in the story and the name of the caller is never revealed or mentioned again. What?  I need details and facts to put this story together and I am missing some pieces. A villain is in the story and when he decides to show his face in place, things start to really move and with this character is excitement and action.

Although I enjoyed this story, I will have to give this story a 3.5 rating. The suspense and the
story arc was great but the romance was left out in the bitter cold and this is supposed to centered around romance…So yeah…. My tea turned cold while reading this book because the romance did not give me chills and this is what I live for.


Rating:⭐⭐⭐½


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!