Skip to main content

Justified by Jay Crownover

Release Date: June 25, 2019
Author:  Jay Crownover








This is a new author for me and I could not have been more happier to have found this book.  My mind was blown and if I was able to give this story 10 stars I would. Wow!  Where do I even start to tell you how much I loved this book.  My emotions were so raw and I just had to write this review immediately after reading it. 

This is a enemies to lovers romance and it is one of the best that I have ever read.  Case is the new Sheriff in town and he has the mission of cleaning the former Sheriff's mess in town who also happens to be his monster of a father.  Aspen is a family attorney and her mission is to save those who cannot fend for themselves that includes domestic violence victims and children.  Life has a funny way of playing pranks on unsuspecting saps because Case and Aspen are sworn enemies, but when Aspen's life is danger the only person who can protect her is a former high school crush and her sworn enemy.  I wanted to add that their rivalry runs deep because they were friends in high school, but their relationship quickly turns sour after Aspen represents Case's ex-wife during a custody battle and Case helplessly lost.  Aspen was the attorney that had a hand in taking away Case's reason for living which is his son, Hayes.  But there is a twist because Aspen is harboring a secret that can change their lives forever and when  it is revealed, how will it affect their relationship?

I absolutely loved everything about this book.  I have zero complaints and the characters were great, the chemistry was great, and the perfect balance of romance and suspense was top notch.  It was great seeing the characters grow throughout the story and intertwining relationships come to fruition. Both of these characters had parental issues, but one takes the cake to crazy town. The big suspense in the story is the identity of the person trying to murder Aspen and the reasoning behind it.  The author handled it beautifully and the writing pulled me into this small town and also into Case and Aspen's relationship.  I was really rooting for them and there were multiple twists at the end, but the ending did not feel rushed or incomplete. The romance was intense, realistic and the sex scene were few, but they were HOT.  I set a record today because I read this book in one sitting after a long day at work.  This really shows how good this book truly was. I cannot wait until the next book in this series and I am going to die if the next book does not come out soon.

This story also has a wonderful message about being yourself and it's great to stand from the crowd to do wonderful things. Five stars across the freaking board and if you don’t pick up this book, then you are missing out on a truly good story. Grab your tea, book, blanket or whatever you use settle for a cozy afternoon because this Maddie approved, which is me by the way. :)


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!