Skip to main content

Set the Night On Fire by Laura Trentham

Author: Laura Trentham
Release Date: 07/31/18





I truly enjoyed this read. It was intense, humorous and a bit of a life lesson twisted with in it. I simply love enemies to lovers stories and I just love it when a hero falls head over heels. Mack did not disappoint when it came to ruggedness,  stubbornness, and hotness.  Ella reeled this stallion in with her feistiness and determination.  Ella's journey was so empowering and her heart was as big as the state of Texas.  I really appreciate a strong female lead and Ella was most definitely a strong willed and successful woman.

This book is part of a series that I have not read before, but the author has a way of keeping me caught up with the other characters.  I did wonder what happened at the New Year's Eve party between Ella and Mac, but if their current chemistry is an indicator, then I'm guessing that it was intense and hot.

Mack, along with his 3 brothers, owns a car garage that was passed down from their father. One of the brothers, Ford, decides that he doesn't want to be a part of the business and decides to sell his share.  In comes stiletto wearing Ella with fresh ideas and a habit of challenging the big and broody Mack.. You see, Ella is a newly divorcee who walked away with a lump sum of money and she wants to prove that she can get elbow deep in her new business venture.   The tension between Mack and Ella is so thick that you can cut it with a knife.  Mack wants to buy Ella out and Ella just wants that close connection with cars because of her late brother's passion for it.

This book took me for a ride and I loved every flip of the page of this story. A truly touching story about forgiveness, courage, and following your chosen path. One of the many things that I adored about this story was the depth of the characters. This author really digs deep and makes these characters so realistic and relatable.  Pick this up now because it is "under the blanket" approved.

Rating: 5 Stars  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!