Skip to main content

Hidden Hearts by Marci Bolden

Author:  Marci Bolden
Release Date:  October 15, 2019













This has to be the most badass heroine that I have ever read.  She was kicking butt from left to right and didn't apologize for it neither.  Anyways, welcome to my review of Hidden Hearts which is a thriller, romance about a PI and a hot detective on the hunt for two missing women.  The PI is a hot headed blonde by the name of Holly and she is on the hunt for a woman who has been missing for weeks.  The hot detective that I mentioned earlier is Jack and he is also on the hunt for a woman who has come up missing, but his situation is a little bit personal.  After finding himself on his back due to being flipped by Holly because of his ninja moves, Jack teams up with her after finding out that their two victims may have been taken by the same man.  Holly and Jack find themselves falling in love in the midst of searching for these missing women and we are left with two people learning to love and trust again.

First off, I was genuinely invested in the story and I really wanted Jack and Holly to find the maniac that took these women.  What a task that the author took on by writing a thriller and inputting some romance to keep me satisfied.  Honestly, thriller romances are not my Mo, but I took a chance on this book because I had recently read a book by this author and it was awesome.!! I thought to myself, "Why not take a chance?"', so I did and I am proud of my decision. Holly, as a character, was interesting and I loved how the author mentioned her past and connecting it to the present.  She was dealt a bad hand during her childhood and those experiences have shaped her into the fierce goddess that she is now.  I really felt for Holly because her past was tragic and she had the insane super hero complex and took loss really hard.  I really liked the flip when he came the Holly and Jack's relationship.  Holly is a female character who was broody and those are usually the characteristics of the hero in military books.  I enjoyed that switch when it came to the hero and the heroine.  Jack was the cool and collected character in the story and he balanced Holly out big time. He had such a huge heart and he was willing to put everything on the line for Holly and the case.  There were some side characters and they contributed to the story in an important way and I always appreciate it when an author does not spend too much time on the side characters.

I really do not have any negative besides how infuriating Holly could be at times.  She was very tough and stubborn on top of that. Holly spent half of the story fighting her feelings for Jack and fighting her demons as well.  I'm really just nitpicking here because the book was great. In contrast, there was little bit of a pacing issue, but it added to the thrill of the story.

There was a race of finding these women and the story had so many layers .  When the truth is revealed, it is dramatic, surprising, and a page turner for sure.  I loved the characters and I loved how the story unfolded. I recommend this story with some tea and blanket. Go pick it up.!!


Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!