Skip to main content

A Cowboy for Christmas by Sara Richardson

Author:  Sara Richardson
Release Date: October 29, 2019






Christmas is a wonderful time of the year and Christmas romance novels are even better.  I have read every book in the Rocky Mountain series and for the most part, it has kept me entertained with its hot cowboys and great heart felt stories.  This story is a little different because it takes place during Christmas and it jumps right in the middle of Darla and Tye's relationship.  Darla and Tye have a friends with benefits type of relationship, but what happens when someone catches feelings and thing get messy?  Well, let's find out without spoilers, of course.


Tye is a bull rider and Darla owns a chocolate and wine shop in Topaz Falls. Topaz Falls is such a quant small town where everyone knows and helps everybody. After tragedy hits their friends hard, Tye and Darla jumps at the chance to help their friends by having a Christmas auction and exciting events. Tired of living in his brother's shadow, Tye tells his parents that he is engaged to be married and guess who the lucky fake bride is?  You guessed it, Darla.  In exchange for Tye's celebrity brother for participating in the auction and bringing big bucks, Darla has agreed to play Tye's fake fiance.


These characters are not that interesting and I think it's time to end this series because the characters have shriveled up and dried up. I know that's a harsh thing to say but I have to be honest.  There was no character arc and they were flat from beginning to end.  I was very underwhelmed with this story and it didn't have that Christmas charm that I was yearning for. I have followed this series from the start and I  think that it is time to wrap it up.  Darla was a side character that was initially not that interesting and that did not change. I honestly miss the Cortez brothers because they had a great story line and such an amazing arc.


Overall, the story was okay and I really wanted to see how their relationship would progress.  When everything came to fruition, my ears perked up because they were dancing around each other for so long.  They had chemistry and they had such great greats for their friends.  I also liked the fact that Darla was dealing with a great loss and she learned to accept that.

The author should have done a prologue of their first meeting because their relationship seems  spacey and things are missing. It was touched on in the previous installments, but not enough to warrant a stand alone book.  This was the weakest installment and I will not be reading anymore books in this series.  It was a great ride while it lasted though.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!