Skip to main content

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March
Release Date:  June 25, 2019








Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story.


If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even though I did not read but one installment in this series, I still had a good time.  Eternity Springs is a small town in Colorado and it evolved around the Callaghan's, but now the series ventured into the other side of the family in Texas, the McBrides.  Let me just say that I love the three stooges or better known as Jackson, Tucker, and Boone. The family dynamic is wonderful between these three and I could feel the love that they had for each other.  This book is about Jackson, a songwriter who has lost his inspiration for music and recently divorced.  Jackson has a great story arc involving his daughter and I admired him for the love for his daughter.  Receiving a phone call from his cousin Boone, Jackson leaves his former life behind and heads back to great state of Texas. On the other hand, we have a recently widowed Caroline who is looking to start the "next chapter" in her life.  Both Jackson and Caroline are not looking for love, but we all know loves come unexpectantly.  Will love prevail even when both of them has suffered a great loss?

I think this is the sweetest couple that I have ever read.  I mean, the chemistry is awe inspiring and the compatibility between these two are true relationship goals. I will have to admit that I fell in love with Jackson and the huge heart that he has.  Caroline was a pleasure as well and she was so strong and transparent.  Their relationship had that slow simmer and it started off as true friendship.  The slow simmer allowed me to see their relationship blossom and it made the bump in their relationship so intense and I did not know what to expect next.  The book starts off telling their stories individually and gradually it intertwines their stories and it was fantastic.  I usually do not like the absence of time in a story, meaning there is no specific range of time passing, but it was done very well in this story.  She does tell you how much time passes, but it is not a big element in the story.  At some points in the book, it was like reading a montage in an 80s movie and that is a positive. 

I only have one negative thing to say about this book and it's minor.  There were some key moments that the author glossed over and did not allow me to see the scene unfold.  For example, when Jackson sees his daughter after going almost a year without seeing her.  That scene would have been so powerful and effective, but the author just sort of told me what happened and I really wanted to feel the emotions in the scene.

The author did such good job building this small town and the writing was very descriptive without being too wordy with insignificant details.  This story was a delight and most importantly, it gave me the warm gooey feeling. I give this book a….drum roll please…🥁🥁🥁🥁🥁…………5 beautiful stars. Go pick this up because this story was wonderful and this is the reason that I love the romance genre. Don’t forget your tea and your blanket. Go pick it up.!



Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

It's all about that Cowboy by Carly Bloom

Author Carly Bloom Release Date  January 14, 2020 Wow!. This was a really quick read for me and I was really surprised.  I was not expecting for the story to end so abruptly and I am unsure if that was the author's intention.  The story was surprisingly witty and it gave me a couple of chuckles. This story follows Jessica and  Casey in the small town of Big Verde and they were small tow, high school sweethearts.  Jessica is back in town for a funeral and she was hoping to go in and out of this small town without bumping into Casey, the town sheriff.  Will they find the flame where their loved burned again? Jessica was forced to leave her beloved town with a major secret that will surely rock Big Verde to its core.  After graduation, Jessica and Casey promised each other the future and all the love that came with it, but after an unexpected pregnancy in the family forces Jessica's family to skip town overnight.  Fast forward twelve years later, Jessica is a successful restaurant