Skip to main content

Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy by Caitlin Crews

Author:  Caitlin Crews
Release Date:  July 30, 2019








I have never read a book that has made such a turnaround like this book has before in my life. I am going to be completely honest with you and say that I was ready to quit this book and move on to the next one. My momma didn't raise no quitter but I was ready to defy my teachings and be done with this cowboy.  This story had a great premise and it instantly made me interested.  A cowboy with no memory of the last two years and falling in love all over again? Count me in and I dove head first in this story with the expectation of being entertained. Honey, was I wrong.!!!



First let me start off by telling you about this flip flop story because the blurb grabs you for sure and most importantly, there is a hot cowboy to boot.  Tye is a bull rider who was in a terrible accident with a 2,000 pound bull and has lost his memory for the last two years.  Imagine his surprise when a beautiful blonde comes to his family's ranch declaring that she is his wife.!!! Hannah is a former rodeo Queen with a "little" secret and she has come to get a divorce from the former bull rider.  Hannah and Tye was secretly married due to Hannah being the Rodeo Queen and had to keep her reputation sparkling clean like the crown that sat on her head.  After discovering that he has a wife and with no memory of their relationship, will he learn to love her again and can he convince Hannah to stay?

As I stated before, this story made a big turnaround. I say this because this story started off as a snooze fest with little to no chemistry among the characters, but that quickly changed at about 63%, which sucks by the way. I was ready to quit and give this book a 2 star rating but luckily it turned around and gave me something to look forward to. The premise of this story is what caught me because I wanted to witness the couple falling in love again.  Both Hannah and Tye have a cliché character arc and near the end of the story, they learn to face their issues head on. 

Both characters have parental issues and the author is going to be sure that you don't forget it.  Hannah's mother runs her life and Tye's dead father runs his as well.  I really did not mind Hannah's situation because I could relate to it, but Tye spent too much time on his dad.  It became very repetitive and I wanted to smack him upside the head and tell him to get over it.  The best scene, hands down, is when Hannah gets a backbone with her mom and I really connected with her during this scene and the intensity really jumped off the page.


I really wished that the author would have started this story off strong because it would have gotten a higher rating.  I cannot in good faith give this story higher than a 3 because it took entirely too long for the story to get moving and the characters were boring at the beginning and middle.  Not many people would stick around until the 63% mark to get a story and the monologue was excruciating.  The story needed more dialogue and less monologue because it dragged the story to a snail's pace.  The character would have at least 4 pages full of irrelevant monologue and it really irked me.


I am not sure if I would recommend this story because of the amount of time that it took for me to enjoy this book, but the premise is great.  Just grab your e-reader, be brave and patient because you need these virtues to finish this book.  Good Day!!   


Rating:  ⭐⭐⭐

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!