Skip to main content

Forever My Hero by Sharon Sala

Author:  Sharon Sala
Release Date: February 26, 2019








What a great story teller!!! Sharon Sala tells such great, inspiring stories and the town of Blessings felt so real and grounded. I have most of the books in the series and for the most part, I have surely enjoyed this small town. Each installment in the series involves a different couple from the small community.  This installment involves recently widowed, Alice, and the Dallas cowboy, Dan.  This story lives true to its title because Dan is basically Superman undercover. I mean, Wow!! He did some pretty amazing things in the story and he was charming on top of it.  Recently widowed, Alice is a single mom to two children with a job in the local hardware store.  Dan and Alice share a deep connection with the loss of their spouse and after a series of unfortunate events, they connect on  deeper level than they both expected.  A ferocious hurricane is on the horizon and Dan has offered Alice and her kids shelter from the hurricane. What will happen when they are confined under one roof while a raging hurricane sweeps through town?


Now as I said before, this small town has touched my heart and in my previous reviews, I wanted to pack my bags and move to this small town.  Now I want to pack up and move back home to Texas.  The romance aspect of the story was a straight line and not the least bit exciting.  In my opinion, Dan was under developed as a character and I wanted to know a little bit more about his past.  Dan was a true hero in this story and I wanted to connect with him a little more and he seemed almost super human. The chemistry between the characters were there, but the love story was so easy and I like a little bit of a fight or grand gesture.  In contrast, the hurricane and the destruction that it caused was truly heart breaking.  As I said before, Sharon Sala is a great story teller and it shows in this story.  I was looking for a snap to happen because some people died in this book, but don't worry the main characters doesn't die.  If you don't know what I am describing, then where have you been for the past year?  I am talking about Avengers: Infinity War, the saddest and kick ass movie of all time.!!  Sorry!! Now back to the issue at hand, the story was touching and the small town was charming and was full of love.

Alice, as a character was okay and there was nothing special about her. She was on the borderline of being a jerk, but I kind of understood because of the circumstances concerning her daughter.  This story was underwhelming in the romance aspect and I was disappointed.


3 Stars  ⭐⭐⭐


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!