Skip to main content

Buck Wild by Lauren Landish

Author: Lauren Landish
Release Date:  September 25, 2018






Welcome to 2019 my lovers.!!!  As you all may know, I love cowboys. No, not the football team (I do not like football), but I am talking about the hot, untamed, tall glass of "I reckon" bourbon, and brash talking cowboys. They are my favorite and this is my first one of 2019. Yayyyy!  I am so excited to speak with you guys again about my fav genre of romance.!! Let me proceed by doing my checklist for cowboys….Hot with a capital H?….check. Rough around the edges?….check..Southern charm that can melt your panties right off?...check.  It's safe to say that this cowboy meets all the qualifications. Now let's jump in this review.

I am going to start off by saying that I really enjoyed myself reading this book and it was hilarious with its southern mannerisms.  This story is about a professional bull-rider named James who recently came back home for the summer after his father passed. I just wanted to slide in that his father died in a really peaceful way and the author did a great job with incorporating him within the story, eventhough he was not "technically" in the story.  James is the youngest of the three brothers and he is due to return to the rodeo circuit come fall.  Sophie is a veterinarian intern working with the town's doc for the summer. After one of their horses have problems giving birth, they make a house call to "Doc", as they call him, and in comes Sophie with her wits and feistiness.  I loved this scene because James has a chip on his shoulder and Sophie puts him in his place. Girl Power.!! Their first meeting oozes with chemistry and I enjoyed every second.  After hearing about James disrespecting a lady, his mom forces him to apologize and invite Sophie to dinner.  This gets the ball rolling and their relationship blossoms into hot, bed of the truck sex.

By the middle of the story, I already knew where this was going and this is how it goes, two people agree to a summer fling which in turn, evolves to feelings of love and each one is trying to determine whether they should tell the other one.  Very predictable.  Although I enjoyed this story, there were a couple of issues. First off, everything was solved so easily and quickly and I wanted a bit of a fight and a little more punch.  Second, the were was not much of a plot.  This story just kind of tumbled through, tumbleweed like and it had no real direction except for the impending doom of the fall solstice.  James will be returning to the rodeo circuit and Sophie will be going to veterinarian school and they must decide if their relationship is worth their dreams and responsibilities.

This story would have gotten a lower rating due to the absence of plot and the lack of punch, but the author really relied on her strengths with character development, likeable characters, and hot sex scenes.  Her writing was very visual and I loved the family dynamic in this story and I cannot wait to read about the other brothers.  Lastly, this book had one of the best epilogue that I have ever read and it actually contributed to the story.  This is under the blanket approved and get ready to get buck wild with your partner because this book is H-O-T.


4 Hot Cowboy Stars:  🤠🤠🤠🤠

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!