Skip to main content

Maybe for You by Nicole McLaughlin

Author: Nicole McLaughlin
Release Date:  August 28. 2018



Let me start by stating that the cover for this book is beautiful. Now let's get to the nitty gritty....






Whiskey and weddings. How good do they go to together? If you are like me, then you would say," very well" and you, my friend, are wonderful and correct.  Although I would love to talk about whiskey and how great it is, we are here to talk about book three in the whiskey and wedding series titled, Maybe for You. This is book three in this series and it evolves around Dean's sister, Alex, and his friend and business partner, Jake. I read book one and I must say that this was much better than Charlotte and Dean's relationship. Yawn!!  Anyways, if you read book one then you know that Alex fiancée died in a helicopter accident and she went to Italy for a year with the military.  While away, her and Jake became very close and he helped her with her grief for such a tragic loss.  Jake is the co-owner of The Stag along with Dean and T.J and his part of the team is marketing and social media.  He drives a RV around the country to promote the product and to acquire contracts.  Alex decides to go with Jake on this tour to get her mind off of things and to escape the love nest of her brother and fiancée, Charlotte. Spoiler alert if you haven't' read book one. Sorry!!


I am quite sure you know what happens when two attractive people gets trapped in a confined space, right? Friction and toe curling, duh!! This is basically what happens between Alex and Jake, but here is the shocker, they only want to rub skin for the trip and after it is over they will go their separate ways. Well, of course that will go well!!  It is a cliché and I knew what was gonna happen before the characters did.!!!


This book was okay and their relationship was a bit entertaining with a dash of chemistry.  When I say dash, I really do mean dash. They had a friendship before they began to have sex and they just did not have the kind of chemistry that I was looking for.  I really dislike stories where  characters act like a couple, but goes out of their way of making it known that they are not a couple. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the fact that Jake was her ear and helped her through her loss, but I was looking for a different kind of chemistry.  Right around the 70% mark, was when it got interesting and this story gave me a surprise that I was not expecting.  Even though the ending felt a bit rushed, I enjoyed this story and its characters.  One other thing that annoyed me was the huge amount of monologue. This was the same issue in book one and it made the story too wordy.  The author totally skipped over details that would have made this story a little bit better and there was a lot to be desired for these characters. Alex and Jake had more chemistry than Charlotte and Dean, that's for sure!! I recommend with just a cup of tea, no blanket required. It was really hard for me to rate this because it wasn't quite a four, but it wasn’t a 3 star neither.  I want to say 3.5 and since most places don’t have such a rating system, I will give it 4 stars, but on my blog it is a 3.5. Barely.!

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐ 1/2



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!