Skip to main content

Bride Next Door by Hope Ramsay

Release date:  April 3, 2018
Author:  Hope Ramsay
Rating:  3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐





I was so excited when this book was announced because I absolutely loved the other two books in the series.  Actually, "Small Town Bride" was one of my fav books of 2017 and the second installment, "Here Comes the Bride" was just as good.  Feel free to check out my reviews for these two books on my blog.  Did this book meet my expectations?  I had high hopes for this book because Courtney and Matt had great chemistry in the other two books and I just knew that their relationship would melt my kindle. 

First, let me tell you a little about the story.  Courtney is the wedding planner of the small town and a renowned "ice queen".  Courtney has this little side assignment where she labels guys such as "Not so nice guy" or "Player", but she gets  a rude awakening when Matt comes along and knocks her on her heels.  Matt is sort of like the bad apple of the Lyndon bunch.  This family is full of lawyers and politicians and he just can't seem to fit in with either career path.  When I say bad apple, I mean that he is seen as the one not living up to the family name, but he wants to so badly. What happens when Matt and Courtney become neighbors?  If you guessed sexy time, then you have a dirty mind my friend, but you are also correct. 😜

Now it is time for my thoughts on this book and to be completely honest with you, this book was okay.  My expectations were so high that I felt very underwhelmed and third time was not the charm with this series.  The chemistry that these two shared in the previous books were not as powerful in their story.  The story dragged a little for me and Courtney's friend had a more exciting story to tell and I was more interested in her and her hot, tatted Irish hunk.💪


But….this book did have heart and the character development was spot on.  Under Courtney iced exterior was a woman who wanted to be loved and to share her life with someone.  Matt and Courtney both found something, but neither one of them wanted to take that leap.  The ending was very cliché and it just wrapped up everything with a big pretty bow.

FIN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!