Skip to main content

Turbulent Intrigue by Melody Anne

Release date:  August 1, 2017
Rating:  3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐






I was really looking forward to Ace's story because he was like the black sheep of the family.  So I was one hundred percent sure that I was going to love this book.  Did I love it? I will let you know in a second, but first let me give a little information about the story.  This is the fourth book in the billionaire aviator series and Ace, along with his three brothers, has to get married or they will not receive their inheritance.  Ace took his father's words the hardest and found solace by joining the CIA.  All the other brothers are married now (spoiler alert) and enjoying the family lifestyle and meanwhile, Ace is returning home after being injured while working on a case.   While attending one of his brother's wedding, he meets Dakota and the story takes off. 

Now, I really liked book 1 and book 3 of this series(book 2 was not that good) and I could not wait to read Ace's story.  Ace was the most interesting, besides Nick, and I think that is why the author waited to the last book of the series to explore his story.  The book had a hot hero and a "I am not a victim" heroine to carry this story, but this book was borderline cartoonish.  I am a huge fan of Melody Anne, but this book was a "no" for me.  This book is written in third person pov and it was wordy with almost no real dialogue for the romance aspect of the story. Ace is not interesting one bit and yes, he is a CIA agent and a total gun toting bad ass, but that was it for the most part.  The character that I was eager to read about practically disappeared and I was left with the shell of his former self.  Dakota on the other hand was no better.  She was a 27 year old cheerleader and wait for it …. A virgin no matter.  I absolutely hate when authors make 27 through 30 year old virgins without a probable cause.  Dakota was a social butterfly and it just did not tie in with her character.  The ending was very cliché and could have been left out and it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

I did not hate the story because it did offer some entertainment and some hot, sweaty sex, but  I did not love it either.  It was okay. 

This story was unrealistic, cartoonish, and the main characters was boring with no real chemistry.  The last 70% of the book is supposed to be this CIA mission type of thing and even that falls flat.  I am so disappointed with this story.  You can also check out my other reviews on my blog.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

It's all about that Cowboy by Carly Bloom

Author Carly Bloom Release Date  January 14, 2020 Wow!. This was a really quick read for me and I was really surprised.  I was not expecting for the story to end so abruptly and I am unsure if that was the author's intention.  The story was surprisingly witty and it gave me a couple of chuckles. This story follows Jessica and  Casey in the small town of Big Verde and they were small tow, high school sweethearts.  Jessica is back in town for a funeral and she was hoping to go in and out of this small town without bumping into Casey, the town sheriff.  Will they find the flame where their loved burned again? Jessica was forced to leave her beloved town with a major secret that will surely rock Big Verde to its core.  After graduation, Jessica and Casey promised each other the future and all the love that came with it, but after an unexpected pregnancy in the family forces Jessica's family to skip town overnight.  Fast forward twelve years later, Jessica is a successful restaurant