Skip to main content

Colorado Cowboy by Sara Richardson

Author:  Sara Richardson
Release Date: April 2. 2019








I fell in love again. I am just going to straight up and tell you that this was a 5 star read for me.  I loved Charity, Dev, the plot, and, most importantly, the romance.  The bigger picture was very endearing and I genuinely enjoyed seeing the characters develop from point A to Point Z.  This story was very refreshing and it sort of flipped the role of the emotionally unavailable cowboy into the emotionally unavailable cowgirl.  Charity was a barrel racer, I think.  I am not sure exactly what it is called, but I know that she rides horses and she travels with bull riders.  Dev was the sheriff deputy of Topaz Falls and he had his eye on a certain fast tempered blonde.  After Charity's sister leaves a rebellious thirteen year old teenager on  her doorstep, Charity is in need of some help to steer this abandoned boy on the right path and who better than the town's golden boy, Dev.

This story centers around Charity learning to love and trust again because she had a rough childhood and it was awesome witnessing Charity confront her demons.  Dev also have some abandonment issues and he takes Charity's nephew under his wing.  I truly enjoyed the relationship that Dev and Charity's nephew developed and the story was so authentic and touching.  I enjoyed every aspect of this story and the chemistry and intensity was there. I also enjoyed seeing the couples from the previous stories.

My eyes gobbled this story up in two days, no lie.  This story made me laugh and almost made me cry during a very intense scene involving Dev and Charity's sister.  The story was well-written and the pacing was spot on.  The romance was realistic, raw, and it makes your toes curl.  What a wild ride. Wheww!! It has been a while since I have read a book that has given me the tingles and this one most definitely gave tingles. What a great relatable story with a kick ass heroine.
So grab your tea and drink up because this is "under the blanket" kind of read.



Rating : 5 Stars  🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance

Author:  Sarah Ballance Date Released: November 28, 2016 Genre: Romance Rating:  3 Stars *** If it wasn't for the weird beginning to this story, I would have gave this book 4 Stars.  This story started out really weird for me to say the least,  but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet.  This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone.  To make matters worse,  she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, whom is also a computer hacker. The beginning is so awkward and stupid, that I almost quit. She meets this guy on line and goes to his house, not knowing whether he is a serial killer or not. Then they proceed to have sex, but it is so awkward and it made m...

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!

A True Cowboy Christmas

Author:  Caitlyn Crews Date Released :  October 30, 2018 I went backwards with this series because I actually read book 2 titled "Cold Heart, Warm Cowboy" back in 2019 and when I chose this book I had no idea that it was a part of the same series. Weird.. The book that we are gathered here to review is "A True Cowboy Christmas" and it tells the story of Abby and Gray Everett.  Gray Everett does not believe in love based on a failed marriage and think Abby will be the perfect and practical wife to share his life and ranch with.  You lovers do know how that always ends right?  It was a little cliché, but I am always down or up for love. Let's jump into it.  As I stated before, Gray has ranching in his blood and has just buried his very abusive father.  Gray has a teenage daughter and who also happens to be a widow.  Gray has realized that he needs a family for his daughter and an eternal partner.  A marriage without love makes sense right?...