Skip to main content

Cowboy Up by Harper Sloan

Author:  Harper Sloan
Release date: December 19, 2017  


This is my first review in 2018 and I must say that it started on a sweet note. Cowboy Up is the third installment in the Coming home series and it follows Clayton, the third and eldest sibling to Quinn and Maverick.  We get small doses of Clayton throughout the series and I was intrigued with his character, so I jumped out of my boots when this book was released.  Clayton is portrayed as the head of the family, loves to maintain control, and broody, but here comes timid Caroline and she makes him lose all of his control.  When poor Caroline falls on hard times, Clayton and his large…cowboy boots comes to the rescue and one of the most sappiest couples that I have ever seen or read happens and flourish.

Now I absolutely loved Clayton and his cowboy mannerisms and he most definitely made me swoon. ;)  He developed as a character and I loved him with Caroline and his cute nickname for her.  Their chemistry was off the charts and the sex was hotter.  Caroline started off as a timid, scared girl ready to crawl back into her shell, but throughout the book, she continued to grow and I really dug it.   This book kept me entertained and it made me chuckle as well.  The cowboy metaphors used in this book was funny.  I am not sure if the author did this on purpose, but it was hilarious.

The down turn of this story is the sappiness and the over cheesiness of the dialogue and monologue.  For someone as closed off as Clayton, he sure did pour on the sappiness real heavy like.  I had to skip some of it because it was so cheesy and repetitive

Other than the sappiness of the cowboy, the book was solid and I couldn't have asked for a better conclusion for a great series. Pick this one up for sure. 

Rating:  4 Cowboy Stars 🤠🤠🤠🤠


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding Hard by Laura Landish

Author:  Laura Landish Release Date:   March 26, 2019 What is it about quiet, broody cowboys that drives us women wild?   Is it the foul mouth or the panty dropping tone?   Whatever it may be, it is in this book.   I think I lost my religion while reading this book because it was so dirty. Grrrr.!!   My inner cheetah, yes cheetah because they are my favorite cat, came out… 😻I mean Wow.!! Okay let’s get to the meat of this cowboy stew shall we. This is book 2 of the Bennett Boys Ranch series and this one is about the quiet, broody older brother, Mark.   I was so excited to read his story because he was so mysterious and who doesn't want to see a cowboy fall in love.   Hopefully you have read book 1 because I am about to drop a spoiler.   Okay…Mark's younger brother James from book 1 is getting married at   resort outside of town and this is where Mark meets Katelyn, an event coordinator.   Now I will not go too deep into the story, but Mark and Katelyn's

Jackson by Emily March

Author:  Emily March Release Date:  June 25, 2019 Right from the start this book grabbed me and I have never been so happy to be held hostage.  This book was wonderful and it made me feel so alive.  This is the feeling that I get when I read a good book and I just want to lay here and bask in its glory.  The romance, the drama, the rawness, and the superb writing hit every mark for me.  I have read one other book by this author and it was titled A Kiss of Spring and that was a 5 star read for me as well.  The writing flowed like water within a river bank and the characters were so charming and likeable.  I just finished reading this like 1 hour ago and I had to get my thoughts on paper ASAP.  I got that warm gooey feeling and that is sure sign that I am in love with this book.  Enough of my praising and blushing, now let me tell you about this story. If you are like me and started in the middle of the Eternity Springs Series, you have found a safe place because even t

Foodie Adventures

 Hello everyone! I am not sure of how many of you love brunch like me but I had to share this. Yesterday was my birthday and I treated myself to my favorite meal.!